Re: Kiddy Leaders :-)

In a message dated 3/11/03 10:47:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org writes:

> Just chattin' with friends......

Me too.  If we were in the same room we could all hear eachother's tone and
misunderstandings would be easier to avoid. (But not punches) ;)

>Lack of sympathy or cooperation is not a reason to go to war, Jon.

I had a feeling that that statement may be taken too simply.  We are not
there to make up for Saddam's lack of sympathy.  We are there to eliminate
him. To finish the job Bush's dad did not. The UN has given him way too many
chances to just come clean and be cooperative.  He refuses to do so and is
only playing the UN against the US; very effectively. Time is on his side,
(Yes it is).  I don't think for one minute that he is going to stop
developing a nuclear bomb unless forcibly stopped by the elimination of
himself from power. I am not happy that it is taking a war to do this. In the
last five years he has not stopped.  He will not stop in another five.  There
has to be a new day in Iraq.

Do you really think the UN can contain him?  Why haven't they already?

>Why are we so arrogant as to dismiss the feelings (very strong and
passionate feelings) of the rest of the world??

We are not there to conquer Iraq and make it the 51st state. (Although it
would be a good idea to take enough oil from there to pay for our costs while
we are at it) We are there to eliminate the source and possibility of Nuclear
and Biological weapons being manufactured to be used against us and others.
Saddam will not cooperate.  There is a reason he will not.

We do have the support of England, Spain and Italy as well as many Eastern
European states.  We do not have the support of our traditional enemies and
those countries with an interest in Iraq. Including those sissy French.
Lately I am embarrassed that I have French blood. -I saw two images of WWII
that I cannot forget: 1) The German army marching through Paris panning to a
Frenchman with tears streaming down his face. and 2) The United States army
marching through Paris a few years later being cheered by everyone.  We
helped to give them their entire country back!!  We did it with our own
blood.  We remembered what they did for us.

You cannot negotiate with murderers.

Jon in Mi.