Re: noncewatch

Lela, re

> > While they play on the natural fear and loathing of those who
> > interfere with children, it is a mask for their real intent, and
> > Lela, in particular I recommend you exercise care in giving out
> > email addresses and the existence of lists like this to them.
>
>   I didn't stumble across the site; they came to us. They're online
>   and perfectly capable of searching out Pete Townshend sites and
>   discussion lists to harass. Luckily they've not shown much sign of
>   wanting to do this on a wide basis, or else we'd have seen more of
>   them. Or maybe it's the response they got on the first list has
>   tempered their judgment of Pete--I don't really know.

I think you do them a very generous favour. It's people like these who attacked a peadiatrician's home because they thought she (I kid you not, she) was a child molester - you know, it's so obvious isn't it, they're all the same ..... peadophile, peadiatrician....... no difference.

As I've said before, the noncewatch web site is run by very, very dangerous people who do a very good job of hiding their aims under a cloak of populism.

> > If the organization is illegal, then maybe their website is illegal?

The website is very carefully put together. There's nothing illegal on it as far as I can see in British law. They call for the restoration of the death penalty - not the vigilante killing of people whch would be illegal.

> > Maybe I'm naive about such groups, but once you get past the
> > slogans, you get down to real people.

Unfortunately Lela the real people you get down to are essentially anti semitic, racist, homophobic nazis.

> > These beliefs are radical, but I think they are sincerely held.

Also illegal in the UK. Just because they are sincerely held doesn't excuse them.

> > Also, I think their comments against child molesters are sincere.

I'd disagree. I think they are a cynical exploitation of a tragic circumstance in order to gain sympathy for their extremist views.

> > I'm very concerned that they might be a group that's given to
> > violence, which makes it more important that they change their views
> > on Pete.

I'd agree with you there, because they are given to violence.

> > Whatever, this may well be the reason that Pete is mentioning in his
> > diary that he has a bodyguard present at all times.

Agree again.

> > However, I have been suggesting that anyone concerned
> > about contacting them should get a hotmail or yahoo address to
> > remain anonymous.

VERY SENSIBLE.

Cheers,

John