Re: Turn Coat !!

In a message dated 6/26/2003 10:43:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Jon, are you changing your stance?
> Sounds like you're saying that you acknowledge that Pete's recent diary
> entries should be weighed with the "shell shock" in mind, implying that you too
> don't think they were the best statements to make.  Rather, when the "shell
> shock" wears off, we'll see a more conciliatory Pete ready to get back up on
> that horse.
>
> If this is the case, then I think we are on common ground.
> But, that's not how you've come across until this point.

Turn Coat. he he.  I saw that header and thought "Oh no, not another debate!"
I'm too tired. :-$

No, I'm not changing anything.  I do think that Pete is in incredible pain
and must feel so weird about how he is now viewed.  How do you react to such a
thing?  For him to be so short shows that he feels burned by the ones he
thought were on his side.  Ken sees it as signs of denial.

It's going to take some time for him to get over this. Sometimes divorces
take years to come to terms with and this ain't no divorce. In my opinion, I
don't think that Pete trusts what may come out of his own mouth at this point.
That's why he isn't going to the TV.  That is wise of him if that is the case.

You are dead on with what I mean about the shell shock though.  He will be
back.  I have little doubt of that.  We will get a heartfelt response from him
when his head stops buzzing.  He is a person that opens and I think he is
afraid that if he opens too much now he might regret it because there are many many
guns of misunderstanding aimed at him.  Scott is right, he has a bodyguard
for heaven's sake!  (At least on stage he'll have Roger.)

Writing is what Pete does. It is his comfort zone and he retreated there.
Good for us!  He knows how to reach the misunderstood and the broken hearted
like no one else as he puts the feelings into words.  I bet he isn't singing
along to "misunderstood" now though.  I hope he rewrites that one.

IMHO, the statements he made were based on how he feels because he feels
betrayed. They came from him.  He has the right to feel however he wishes and say
how it is that he truly feels. He knows the whole story. Should he lie? I just
think that it's unfair to require something so soon from a person that
perhaps may be doing well just trying to stay alive.

Jon in Mi.

Jon in Mi.