Re: The Who Game

> > 5. "in the morning"
>
> "in the morning"  "Cut My Hair"  "My fried egg makes me sick first
> thing in the morning."

Yep, that's the one I was looking for.

> How about "In the morning I'll [???] detach myself, I take no blame"
> -- However Much I Booze!

Yep, there's yet another Who song with that line in it.  Should we start
an "in the morning" list?!  ;-)

> Out of curiosity, what exactly *is* it that he sings just before "de-
> tach"? I've never quite got that bit figured out...

I always thought it was "humbly."  "Hung-over-ly" never occurred to me.
It's possible.  The real test would be - does one hear a "b" or a "g"
in the pronunciation?  I always heard a "b."

And Pete kind of gives it a 3-syllable pronunciation: "hum-bol-lee"
rather than "hum-blee."

But, actually, "hung-over-ly" makes more sense.  Detaching one's self
in the morning from a previous night's sex partner (?) isn't exactly
a(n) "humble" act.  But it is a(n) "hung-over-ly" act.

Well, we still have these clues left:

3. "won't get you"
4. "you don't notice"

- SCHRADE in Akron

I do not value any view of the universe into which man & the institutions
of man enter very largely & absorb much of the attention.
    - Henry David Thoreau, 1852