Re: The Who Game

>How about "In the morning I'll [???] detach myself, I take no blame" --
>However Much I Booze!

>Out of curiosity, what exactly *is* it that he sings just before "detach"?
>I've never quite got that bit figured out...

I believe it is *hung-overly*.   As in:  " In the morning I'll hung-overly
detach myself".

Joe in Philly

I'll back you up on that, Joe.  Plenty of people have trouble with that line
and interpret the word in question as "humbly" rather than "hungoverly."  Good
on Anu for asking for clarification.

While we're at it, there must be something about words ending in "th" because
I can think of three off the top of my head that seem to spark debate:

Path vs. past in "How Many Friends" (mentioned previously)
Wraith vs. rate in "It's In You", AKA "Virginia"
Writhe vs. rise in "Acid Queen"

Cynthia