Re: driving force?

Joel wrote:

>I am personally offended by daltrey's comments that he and pete were the
driving force of the who.  if ya ask me, that's bull.  they ALL were a
driving
force in their own ways. i'm sure you can all agree.       that's like
saying if
george harrison died first in the beatles, they would reunite and tour anyway
cause perhaps Lennon and mccartney were the driving force of the band?

Joel:

I can see your point, but am not personally offended.  Roger can only
personally offend me if he said that the guy standing to the right of
Schrade at last year's show in Camden is a *geezer*.   Even then I
might ask Roger if he meant Schrade's right or his right.  ;-)

Anyway, I liken this whole Who is the Who debate to a vintage automobile
that I am especially fond of in the Cobra.  The aluminum body, Ford 427
version of the early 60s.  They started making replicas of these cars
in the 1980s with fiberglass, and anything from 302 V8s to Pinto 4 cylinders.
Yeah they looked like Cobras, but the skins were not aluminum, and the
motors were weak compared to the originals.

Roger probably really feels
that he can elevate his performance to approximately where he use to be,
and watches in amazement that Pete has elevated his performance musically
and physically to where he was or better and thinks that is somehow
measurable to when Keith and John were around.   When, in fact the
motor is much weaker and the skins are not as solid or authentic.

For what it's worth, I really enjoy watching Pete and Roger on stage,
and the music that is played by them and the other members of the
current and recent Who (Rabbit, Zak, Pino, and Simon) sounds really
good to me.

Joe in Philly  - Just recovering from a fun 4th at the beach
		- "Nothing is planned by the Sea and the Sand"   - PT.
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.