Re: Honest Quote Spells Trouble for Pete?

>>> schrade@akrobiz.com 01/24/03 08:07PM >>>
>It's one of those quotes where.....we know what Pete's saying but, by
itself,
>it makes it sound like Pete was "tempted" to look at the images rather than
>educationally seeking them out for his "research."
>
>- SCHRADE in Akron

Reading Pete's 1994 Playboy interview at
http://www.thewho.net/articles/townshen/playboy.htm
I had to laugh when he made this comment about his message getting garbled, in
interviews, but it applies here too:

"And I don't always manage to say what I mean or say anything that means
anything--but that doesn't stop me from saying it. [Laughs]. Every time I read
an inteview with me I think, Oh fuck, why don't you shut up and play the
guitar. I once got a great letter from Keith Richards after he had read an
interview of mine. It just said, 'Dear Pete, Shut up!'"

Good one, Keith!

Ken in MD