Re: Guilty when innocent (to some)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:14:31 -0800 (PST), "Mark R. Leaman"
<bushchoked@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>He
>>is a reckless guy and self indulgent in many things, but not uncommon
>>for silly, foppish 60's liberals.
>
>Lost me again. And, careful Leslie, your letting your politics show again.

<sigh>As I've repeatedly said here, Mark, that was from a friend's
email.

>Kevin:
>
>It should be kept in mind that conservatives (if indeed Leslie is one) consider homosexuality a morally corrupt position, as if someone "chose" to be one. Someone they'd call a "liberal" knows it's a natural, and not particularly desirable except perhaps by a lunatic, part of the person's makeup. To them accepting this truth makes you a liberal (therefore a bad person) and with a perspective like that, any behavior not along strict lines would be considered "silly, irresponsible, liberal." It's an extremely flawed perspective and untrue on every level, but they will shout it from the rooftops because it keeps them from thinking about how narrow and backward their own perspective is. And, too, their ability to understand complex concepts is weak or non-existent. The world to them is black and white ("You're either with us or against us.") So to someone like that Pete is a criminal whether he is or not...why even bother to seek the truth? It's sort of like putting people in ja!
>il without giving them a trial...like we do now in the US.

Yeesh! Do you stereotype much? Yes, I am a conservative and -- believe
it or not -- there is no hegemony among us. Do you believe that all
liberals think alike, too?

Like many conservatives, I believe that sexual orientation is neither
good nor bad, it just exists -- like eye color and being right-handed
or left-handed.

Do you believe that there are some homophobes (or, more accurately,
gay-haters) on the left and that there are some profoundly stupid
liberals incapable of complex thought?

Looking at the world in "black and white" and having a "narrow and
backward...perspective" much over there? I have to say that your
attack on conservatives is one of the most heavy-handed I've seen in a
long time -- and is just about everything you accuse us of being.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org