Re: Uh-Oh...Let's Calm Down

Until one is inside the head of Pete Townshend, one cannot know the truth.

Too many believe they are "insiders" or know more by virtue of following
Pete/The Who closely.  Very very few may.  Most don't.

Fans are naturally knowledgeable and can provide relevant information to
those who are reporting.  And clearly have; for this many deserve credit.
Reporters were accurate in their reporting of the Facts...arrested,
brought in for questioning, must return at a later date, seized computers,
child porn sites and using his credit card(Pete admitted this!!!!!!).  I
won't put blinders one, but I will not condemn either.  Due process will
provide some answers.  Pete was doing research, or so he said, or how much
(and was given bad advice by legal reps)?

Just be wary.  There are many FACTS in this case that may lead to guilt on
some level.  He broke the law as written, plain and simple, and now it
will be decided what his punishment will be.  It is up to the individual
to draw their own conclusion or OPINION.

The other side of this is the sensationalism of celebrity.  Pete is in the
public eye and his fuck-ups are much more interesting than a regular Joe.
Too bad, it is the price of fame.  Plus, the exploits of rock stars have
always been Entertainment Tonight-type news.

I can do without all of this personal and petty arguing over who is better
than who and who is right.  Take that off line.  Again, until one is
inside Pete's head, all of this is simple speculation...opinions.  Argue
the facts, please.