Re: Pete's situation

>>> The problem is what to do when they're camped on your lawn.  Apparently
the
police won't come run them off, so what do you do?  Hire a private security
company to escort you out to get the mail?  I guess so.  Otherwise they're
sticking cameras and mikes in your face as soon as you open the door.<<<

Collins apparently was at home in Switzerland when this happened.  I gather
from the one news story that appeared through Google news search is that his
lawyers had a word with the Swiss police, who issued an official statement
that he was not on the list of suspects and was not being investigated.  Try
getting Scotland Yard to make a statement like that!

The FBI and US Postal Inspection Service sent lists of Landslide subscribers
to Interpol and to national police agencies in various countries.  From there,
in the case of the UK, they were distributed to dozens of local police forces
to act on.  The opportunities for leaks of names is astounding.  Maybe that is
why Blair is reputed to have issued a gag order to the press.

Without diminishing the victims, it does bother me that there is an attitude -
even expressed by Roger, along with People Magazine, etc. - that IF the person
turns out to be guilty, then all the hounding by the press and publicity in
the meantime is fair game and deserved.  That is, its alright to harass them
like this before they are even questioned or tried.  Problem is, who the hell
appointed the media judge, jury, and executioner?

Ken in MD
"Our music was specifically designed to lubricate the passage from adolescence
to adulthood."  Pete