Re: Pete's situation

The problem is what to do when they're camped on your lawn. Apparently the police won't come run them off, so what do you do? Hire a private security company to escort you out to get the mail? I guess so. Otherwise they're sticking cameras and mikes in your face as soon as you open the door.

I have limited experience with the English press, so I have no idea how long it would take to wait them out. Most of what has struck me is the way the tabloids pursued Princess Diana, which basically led to her death. The US press gets out of hand, too. If you recall Winona Rider suffered a broken arm during the press crush before her trial. Arnold Swartzenegger is one of the celebrities that won a criminal case against photographers for false imprisonment.

keets

>>I'm interested in the Collins thing, though.  Why
did he get such a bye?<<

Stop and think.  The UK press has not named a single
person from the Operation Ore list - they didn't name
Pete until he 'fessed up.  Even when the entire list
was said to be in the hands of The Times not one name
came out.  Now there is supposed to be a
government-mandated blackout.  If Collins is on that
list (hey, he did play Uncle Ernie in 1989 ;-0) he
didn't confirm it and so the press had nothing to
clamp on.