Re: Pete's situation

>>We could project what might have happened if Pete
had handled it another way<<

As a recovering addict with ten years of sobriety in a
twelve-step program, which demands rigorous honesty,
perhaps Pete felt he had no other option than to speak
out.  I'd have preferred that he'd follow Keith
Richards' advice.

>>I'm interested in the Collins thing, though.  Why
did he get such a bye?<<

Stop and think.  The UK press has not named a single
person from the Operation Ore list - they didn't name
Pete until he 'fessed up.  Even when the entire list
was said to be in the hands of The Times not one name
came out.  Now there is supposed to be a
government-mandated blackout.  If Collins is on that
list (hey, he did play Uncle Ernie in 1989 ;-0) he
didn't confirm it and so the press had nothing to
clamp on.

Ken in MD
"You could learn a lot
from a life like mine" KM