Re: Moon movie

> I'd like to see Keith's story told from a third-party's point of view.

That might work.  Kind of like Almost Famous which was kind of about the
fictional band & the groupie but told through the eyes of the kid.  I could
see that.

> I've had a couple visions of how this could come off, one of which would
> be the story told from the perspective of Dougal.  Dougal would be the
> central character of the story and we would see Keith through his
> recollections.

Haven't scripts been written based on Dougal's book?  I've heard many of
those stories were somewhat sensationalized.  I don't know if Daltrey would
go for that.  Too much zany, wild, out-of-control Keith.  I think Daltrey
wants to avoid those trappings.

> The other, and the one that's more compelling to me, would be told from
> ROGER'S perspective.

Roger who?  ;-o  (sorry)

> This entire project seems to me to be a labor of love for Roger, and
> using him as the central focus of the story (and his recollections) makes
> it more interesting to me.

That might convolute things further.  Then the movie becomes a Roger & Keith
film, & not a Keith film.  Roger's too famous to be the "central focus" &
still have the film be about Keith.

> The main plot would be Roger's "quest" to have Keith's story told correct-
> ly.  There are dozens of opportunities to flashback as Roger pitches the
> idea to film producers, writers, etc...

A movie about making a movie?  I don't know....  Somehow I think Keith's
story is interesting enough to not have to go through all that.  I just
think the movie would drift more towards Roger than Keith if Roger were made
a central part of the plot.  Then it becomes like...."Well, what about the
other guys?  What about Pete & John?"  Keith's personality apparently was
so dominant that *everyone* became a secondary character when he was around.

Yeah, Roger seems to have taken it on himself to be the judge & jury on
these possible movie scripts.  That could be good & bad.  Good because Roger
will want the movie to be true to Moon's spirit.  Bad because he might be
too critical in judging the scripts & dealing with a production company (if
it gets that far).

It would be awful if Roger OK'd a script only to see the final result go
against much of what he had fought for.  I think that's what happened to Ray
Manzarek of The Doors.  He started out as a consultant on the Doors movie
& then complained bitterly about the final product.  That's all we need -
a Moon movie Daltrey tells fans not to go & see.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned errors.
	- Thomas Huxley (1825 - 1895)