Re: Moon movie

Greg:

>Can anyone else think of another movie on a music performer or other
celebrity that you think
>the Moon movie producers and script writers should pay attention to
(snip)...

"The People vs. Larry Flynt" might be a good template, but I liked the
"Backbeat" example too.  "What's Love Got to do With It"?  "Man on the
Moon"???

Mc:

>It may indeed be impossible to re-create the true essence of a character like
Keith Moon in any film.
>That being stated, a good film which gives people some insight into the
emotion, talent,
>and character of the man is possible.

Good point.  That's another thing I've heard Roger say about making such a
difficult character study; how difficult or impossible such a task might be.

I don't think the typical "bio" flick format (like "Chaplin") would work with
such a multi-faceted character like Keith either.  It seems like the best
flicks focus on a period in the life of its subject, accenting personality and
incident along the way.

I'd like to see Keith's story told from a third-party's point of view.  I've
had a couple visions of how this could come off, on of which would be the
story told from the perspective of Dougal.  Dougal would be the central
character of the story and we would see Keith through his recollections.

The other, and the one that's more compelling to me, would be told from
ROGER'S perspective.  This entire project seems to me to be a labor of love
for Roger, and using him as the central focus of the story (and his
recollections) makes it more interesting to me.  The main plot would be
Roger's "quest" to have Keith's story told correctly.  There are dozens of
opportunities to flashback as Roger pitches the idea to film producers,
writers, etc...  We have anecdotes from Roger himself as he pitches to the
Hollywood bigshots and more personal flashbacks from Roger's own intimate
memories.  I like the potential of telling the story in that fashion.  It's
not the stereotypical bio format that makes the story clichi.  And if Roger is
the central character, then the REAL Roger would have a legitimate opportunity
to insure the story is told the way he wants it.

What does everyone else think?  How would you like to see Keith's story told?

Jim in Colorado