Re: 1979 Hammersmith Odeon, London concert

In a message dated 8/15/2003 11:33:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@xxxxxxx writes:

> Just came accross a clip from The Who doing BBE in 1979 at Hammersmith
> Odeon.  I downloaded off Kazaa.  Tremedous visual and audio quality.  Why have I
> never heard of this concert before if there has been video floating around.
> This is a well produced video with multiple angles, including a double shot
> of roger singing in the first two verses from two different camera angles.  If
> this is available on kazaa, might the rest of this show be readily available
> somewhere?  Of note is that Roger and Pete don't do the high note on the
> second "that's never free-eeeeeee."

that performance is on the "thirty years of maximum r&b" DVD. not sure if
anyone has their entire performance.  its from the concerts for the people of
kampuchea which also had mccartney and some other people.