Re: The Moon movie

In a message dated 8/15/2003 5:37:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lewinski@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I can't think of anyone better to write this script Scott.

Scott:
I second that.  Please take us serious.

You have an ability of telling things in such a direct, accurate,
interesting, and funny way  that I'm sure would  both amuze/amaze Roger, and it would be
a hit.  Why not you?

Here is my little word of encouragement: ;-)

I remember watching a scene in a  movie called The Hollywood Shuffle -where a
young black guy, played by Robert Townsend, wanted to become a famous actor
but was only offered the parts of drug dealers, pimps and slaves.- In this
scene he was talking to his uncle, (who gave up on his own dream of fame/fortune
as a gifted dancer in his youth due to fear of failure and because he listened
to the voices of those that doubted him) in his uncle's barber shop and
expressed to him his anxiety...

After hearing the word of encouragement from his uncle to pursue his dream,
he said to him: "But what if I'm not good enough?, and what if I don't make
it?" to which his uncle looked at him, and remembering  the mistake of his own
youth sternly replied:  " But what if you *are* good enough... and what if you
*do* make it!... There ain't nothin' to it but to do it."

That line struck me and I never forgot it.  It's corny I know, but it has
helped me a lot.

You're a very gifted writer and I would laugh my head off if this were to
happen.

Jon in Mi.