Re: Future Who (was Empty Glass)

In a message dated 8/8/2003 3:27:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Sure she may not be the most
> exciting in the sack but she's got dinner on the table for you every night.

But why can't she stop all of the bickering and complaining?  You know, it
all starts in the mind.  LiZ makes me feel young again.  She says nice things
about me.  She tries to understand. I feel like a man when I am with her.  I
have so much to give her because she gives me something to give back.  You know,
she believes that I am capable of doing anything and because she believes
that, I almost can.

>Any album they put out would *only* receive airplay on Classic Rock
stations.

Who are You and WGFA are *still* on the rock station in Detroit right next to
those niggaz.

>"And now,
here's your daily dose of 'Barracuda' by Heart! Enjoy it for the fifteen
thousandth time!"

Or how about Radar Love?

>Oh, they're just telling you that to be polite. No one gives a fuck about
our Who.

See man, at least they are polite.  But since I didn't join the site (I ain't
gonna marry her) they really don't know I exist.  I just looked in on what
they said.  And they said they expect The Who to rock. I concur.

>> Pete said that they probably shouldn't have made FD and IH because they
>> aren't classic Who songs.

>"Albums," you mean. I don't remember Pete saying that. I've heard him
be somewhat critical of those two albums but when did he say they shouldn't
have made them?

FD and IH are albums? Thanks. Anyhow, what Pete meant by songs was the songs
ON the albums.  He said it in the aforementioned interview on July 4. <A HREF="http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=46&zone=pr";>
Petetownshend.com - Pete's Diary - 4 Jul 2003</A>

>Ah, yes, but it also shows he's willing to use "solo-type" songs on a Who
album even when he knows those songs aren't "Who worthy." (!) It shows
he'll take the easy way out. Screw The Who.

But that was yesterday when The Who were wearing out at the start of the
eighties after Keith's death and Cincinnati and Pete was out of it.  Earlier it
was Ronnie Lane that talked him into doing solo stuff so blame him for some of
it.  Pete seems to be at peace with creating solely for The Who now. He was NOT
back in '82.  He also has the benefit of hindsight.  I will not stop thinking
positively.  I refuse!

>And without Entwistle, these "Who songs" had better be super-duper kick-ass
Who songs in order to make up for the lack of.....proper ingredients.

Which is why I suggest that you personally write to them and tell them to get
John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.

Jon in Mi.