Re: Future Who (was Empty Glass)

> LiZ makes me feel young again.

With songs mentally geared towards 16 year-olds, I'm not surprised.

> You know, she believes that I am capable of doing anything and because
> she believes that, I almost can.

I'm starting to get sick.

> Who are You and WGFA are *still* on the rock station in Detroit right
> next to those niggaz.

You're saying there's a commercial radio station in the Detroit area that
plays both rap music & The Who?  I'm shocked.  What other non-rap artists
do they play?

> Or how about Radar Love?

Or "Sultans of Swing?"  ;-)

> I just looked in on what they said.  And they said they expect The Who
> to rock. I concur.

That's cool.  I thought maybe someone from that site just told you that
so you'd shut up.  Happens to me all the time.

> FD and IH are albums?  Thanks.

OK, funny boy.  Pardon me if you weren't clear in your original statement.

> But that was yesterday when The Who were wearing out at the start of the
> eighties after Keith's death and Cincinnati and Pete was out of it.

As opposed to today when basically The Who don't even *exist* as a new
product-creating band.  And their bass player has just died.  And their
guitar player, singer, songwriter is on a sexual predator list.  I believe
they're at a more difficult point now than they were in the early '80s.

> I will not stop thinking positively.  I refuse!

You will see reason, dammit!  You will see reason!  ;-)

> Which is why I suggest that you personally write to them and tell them
> to get John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.

To produce?  OK.  Sure.  I say, get Mike Watt of The Minutemen to play bass.
Meat & potatoes bass there.  Incidentally, Mike Watt will be playing bass
for Iggy Pop & the Stooges in the Detroit area this Thursday.  Sonic Youth
is opening that show.  I may go.  Are you going, Jon?

- SCHRADE in Akron

Every scientific truth goes through three stages: first, people say it
conflicts with the Bible; next, they say it has been discovered before;
lastly, they say they always believed it.
	- Louis Agassiz (1807 - 1873)