Re: Future Who (was Empty Glass)

> He also stated that he has no ambition to make a solo album.

After PSYCHODERELICT's poor sales, I'm not surprised.

> LZ=Mistress
> Who= Main thang

That implies you're getting better sex from LZ!  Then you stumble home to
poor old Who, standing there in an ugly nightgown, her hair up in rollers,
wrinkle-cream on her face.  Poor old Who.  Sure she may not be the most
exciting in the sack but she's got dinner on the table for you every night.

> I want The Who to be played on the mainstream rock station, not just the
> classic rock station.

No problem.  If it were 1970.  There are stations in my area that play a
smattering of newer, hard rock artists, & also the usual Classic Rock fare.
I can't see The Who breaking through on a radio station geared toward
16-29 year-olds.  "Ok, that was Limp Bizkit.  Coming up we got Everescence,
Rob Zombie, & The Who!"

> That would mean success.  I know that they can kick any ass out there and
> I want to see them do it.

No way.  Any album they put out would *only* receive airplay on Classic Rock
stations.  With today's emphasis on marketing, ratings, & advertising, com-
mercial radio stations don't have the luxury of deviating from the norm.
Shit, they have *playlists* that *tell* the DJ's what to play!  "And now,
here's your daily dose of 'Barracuda' by Heart!  Enjoy it for the fifteen
thousandth time!"

> And that audience contains people that love The Who as well.

I am aware.

> That is what they are wanting to see our band do again.

Oh, they're just telling you that to be polite.  No one gives a fuck about
our Who.

> Pete said that they probably shouldn't have made FD and IH because they
> aren't classic Who songs.

"Albums," you mean.  I don't remember Pete saying that.  I've heard him
be somewhat critical of those two albums but when did he say they shouldn't
have made them?

> They were good material for a solo album.  That shows that he knows the
> difference himself.

Ah, yes, but it also shows he's willing to use "solo-type" songs on a Who
album even when he knows those songs aren't "Who worthy." (!)  It shows
he'll take the easy way out.  Screw The Who.

> Roger said that the two they have are Who songs and I believe him because
> he is the heart of the Who.

Two down, ten to go.  Perhaps by 2008....?

> If there is going to be a Who, they actually have to make the new album.

And without Entwistle, these "Who songs" had better be super-duper kick-ass
Who songs in order to make up for the lack of.....proper ingredients.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Every scientific truth goes through three stages: first, people say it
conflicts with the Bible; next, they say it has been discovered before;
lastly, they say they always believed it.
	- Louis Agassiz (1807 - 1873)

Otherwise, as Kevin said, what are they going to use for material on the
next
tour?  To keep playing greatest hits will turn them into the beach boys.

Jon in Mi.