My thoughts on Who's Next & answering a little to the "Don't Be Shy" post

I figure I'd offer a bit of thought on the Deluxe Edition, since I just
purchased it..

This was my real first WHO vinyl record, that my sis bought for me for
Christmas, not to ignore the fact that a friend of mine got Live At Leeds
from me for Christmas.  He introduced me to the WHO as well as Mike Oldfield
and many other groups/artists in my collection. For that I am thankful, and
I remain fans of them since those days back in the 70's..

This album tended to get less of my attention as opposed to the other
records, simply because whenever radio tended to play WHO, it came from this
album more than any other.  However, when I DID play it, I enjoyed it
immensely, but not being one that plays albums more than one play per day, I
quickly change moods and tire of repeat playing the same record.  I just
don't want to be 'tired' of a good record.

That said, when cds came into play, it was great, then the remasters come
out, and even better.  I guess you might say that this remaster is pretty
much the pinnacle of this recording.  Over all, I am very pleased with the
selection of the material, except I would like to see The Relay remastered
somewhere.  I do have a few versions around, but as we all know, short of
the boxed set (which I was perturbed to find that crossfade into it..), we
don't have a featured album with it remastered.  I suppose that the few
songs that could be remastered and placed into a set would be great, but I
suspect for now, that it will not happen.  Songs like Relay, When I was a
boy, maybe Wasp Man, Dr. Jeckyl etc...

I agree with the sentiments expressed on the Young Vic Set, that it, overall
is a great set, and seems to have a fairly decent sound all around, however
I am not qualified to judge the finest aspects of sound with my music
setups.  Also, having the longer version of Baby Don't You Do It, and the
alternate Won't Get Fooled Again, make this set worth checking out.

Now, for the 2nd half:

-
Name and City, State:       Greg -Sterling, IL
Nickname:   (n/a) (meaning no nickname)
Year and city graduated high school:  1976 - Rock Falls High School,
IL

Highest level of education completed:  1 year college

Occupation:  PC Tech

Year became a Who fan:  1974

First Who show attended and how many:  1982, 1

What were you doing when you found out about Keith's death?  John's?

Don't recall on Keith, was working, very shocked...
on John, read it on both lists... again very shocked..

Favorite Who Song?

Too many to choose from, but Relay has always been one of the ones I enjoy

Favorite Album?:

Can't really say I have any specific

Least Favorite Who Song:  same as above

Pete, Keith, Roger, John fan?  Honestly, I love them all in their own unique
way.-- my sentiments exactly

Who is the best kisser?  ass kisser? >>not touching this....<G>

Most raw talent?:  John

Reason for joining the list?  reason for staying?:

It was the first one I came across...  While I might not enjoy the 'nasty'
sides of folks, I believe everyone is capable of posting intelligent or at
least interesting posts when they try.

Biggest complaint on the list:  Folks tend to need to be less hardcore and
try to get along...

Who you'd like to see voted off next: Nobody

Married, divorced or married with a little action on the side?: Married
nearly 20 years

Interesting Hobbies:  Musician, inspired by WHO music (guitar, bass, and
some keys and drum machine)

Favorite Who venue?  Ames Iowa (only place I have seen them.

Any other interesting facts about yourself?:

Married almost 20 years, can cop some of John's bass, but not nearly as well
of John (of course), and love to play Pete on guit as well (don't windmill),
recorded professionally back in the 80's (nothing came of it, but loved the
experience)
Have been on this list, since I can't remember, and have been on the other
(Odds and Sods) since it's inception.

Greg A.