Re: Roger & Pete as Heroes

>>I've seen some posts wondering why Pete wasn't
included in this honor<<

Umm, maybe because all Pete has done is showed up once
a year and played.  Roger has always taken the lead on
the TCT work. And, like Scott said, Pete still has a
little PR matter to work out before he's allowed to
come out and play.
Actually, Pete started his own charity called OO (after The Who), that assists addicts and abuse victims--but since he doesn't do any visible fundraising, hardly anybody seems to know about it. Besides this, he's been actively involved in a number of other charity efforts.

This has been interesting. Of course, a few folks have checked in with "Oh, wonderful!" but the biggest single response so far is silence. A couple of posters have actually come out as incensed or disgruntled because Roger was named and not Pete. This makes me think that it's the old split between Roger and Pete fans showing up again. What would the response be if Pete had been named instead of Roger? Anybody care to speculate?

keets