Sex, Death, Drugs & RnR

>Subject: Sex, Death, Drugs & RnR
>From: "An English Boy"
>
>People don't _always_, in fact, _rarely_ *do* drugs because they
>are feeling so bad about something.
>
>They take drugs because they like the effect.
>
>Ever played a musical instrument while under the influence of
>drugs? Well, it's a buzz, big fun, and _sometimes_ pushes one
>to greater performances. John knew that. John took that risk.
>
>John took the same *risk* every time he lit a smoke, sipped
>another cognac, etc., etc. He was in too delicate of condition
>to do _any_ of these things, but all people do is focus on the
>_drug_ factor.

Please.  There's a *HUGE* difference between doing drugs on a recreational
basis, vs. doing Coke while on heart medication for a diagnosed ailment that
cocain is only going to exacerbate (see results for proof).
John's no dummy.
He took the risk, that's for sure.  But, he knew the risk was in this case
quite possibly (potentially favorable odds) his life.
If you're doing drugs with those kinds of odds.........stop.  If you know
you should stop but don't, go seek help.  There's likely a reason for your
self-destructive behavior.
And, you definitely don't need to explain drugs to me.  Done 'em.  Do 'em.
Love 'em.  Screw 'em (I don't know what that means.  It just rhymed).
Plus, how is doing coke the night before the show going to help his music?
For that matter, how is being high on coke *on stage*, by an introvert,
going to help?
Coke never would have made me psyched to go on stage in front of 1000's of
people, let alone dozens.
But, that's just me.

Kevin in VT