"I want them to win"

See, here is where I disagree.  I love the Who in part because they AREN"T the hip classic rock band everybody feels forced to like.  If you bash the Beatles, or Stones, or Zep for any reason, people go stark raving mad at you as if you criticized Jesus Christ himself.  When the Stones tour, it's a "social" event.  The "place to be" so to speak, for those who are hipsters.  If Zep tried to re-unite, the same thing would happen.  Every schmo on Earth would be clamoring to go because of the event, not the stregth of the music (and I love a shitload of Zep music).  The Who draws people who really want to see them, which is why one can get great seats for face value (or less) on e-bay, where the Stones re-re-sale value goes thru the roof.  I would love to see the Who put out a great new album and kick ass on the charts, but I don't see the need for the Who to beat any other classic rock act.  Those who understand what great music really is will appreciate the Who for who and what they are, and their amazing contribution to rock and roll.  I don't care if people who simply follow social trends like what the Who does.
mc