2-CD Left for Live Deluxe on the way

FYI. This will be up at http://www.johnentwistle.com later today. This will be the tracks of the original Left for Live CD, plus about 10 more live tracks from JEB shows, all resequenced to the order in which they were played in performance:

KOCH Records To Release Deluxe Edition Of Classic John Entwistle Band Performances This Fall

KOCH Records have announced the November 12th release of Left For Live: Deluxe, a 2 CD set featuring over 20 classic live performances of the John Entwistle Band compiled from the tour dubbed "Left for Dead - The Sequel." The full length set, which features Entwistle solo material alongside Who classics such as "Had Enough" "Heaven & Hell" and "The Real Me", is being produced by longtime Entwistle collaborator and drummer Steve Luongo and will feature extensive liner notes, previously unpublished photos and original artwork created by Entwistle himself. "John Entwistle was a gift in my life the likes of which I will never know again." Says Luongo. "He was the most gifted musician I have ever had the pleasure of playing with and he was my musical soul mate. A rhythm section is like a musical marriage -- we had a great one for 15 years."
Entwistle, who passed away June 27th on the eve of the current Who tour, was perhaps the most celebrated bass guitarist in rock music. Entwistle pushed the boundaries of the instrument, transforming it in the process from a strictly rhythm instrument to another lead instrument in a rock setting. "John did for the bass what Jimi Hendrix did for the guitar." While known mostly for his unique style on the bass, as well as some technical innovations that remain in effect to this day, he also composed some of The Who's most well known songs, including "Boris The Spider" "Cousin Kevin "and "My Wife", and his brass and synthesizer arrangements were an integral part of The Who's overall sound. In addition to his own prolific solo career, Entwistle also found time for several guest appearances including a tour as part of Ringo Starr's All Starr Band in 1996.

KOCH Entertainment is the leading and fastest-growing independent music company in the U.S. KOCH's operations encompass record labels and distribution companies in the U.S. and Canada. KOCH Entertainment is the market leader among independents in both the U.S. and Canada and its record labels had the largest number of Billboard charting albums among independents in 2001/2002.

--
Alan
R. I. P. Ox