music *is* an influence

	> From: JOELTLE515@xxxxxxx
	>Subject: Re: Cobain Disses Pete in New Book

>> My son-in-law liked Kurt (Fuck Him) Cobain enough to
>> follow in his footsteps and leave my baby girl a 23 yr.
>> old widow and my 3 year old grandson fatherless.
>>
>> FUCK KURT COBAIN
>>
>> ~AnEnglishBoy~
>
>yeah, kurt cobain told your son in law to do whatever he did to himself.

>i'm tired of people blaming music and artists for people killing
themselves.

Sandy, or what ever your name is,
The above statement is too simple.  You can't underestimate the power of
music.  The feelings it can conjure.  I don't think anyone believes that
music can make someone kill themselves like Ozzy being accused of having a
hand in that one boys death with the supposed lyrics "shoot, shoot..do
it..do it".
But, music can make a bad day worse.
Music can make a good day brilliant!

>I think even pete himself said something like this in an
>interview, whoever kills him/herself because a song tells them to do it is
>basically a crazy idiot.

See?  Exactly my point.
But, I'm sure Pete would agree that music has an IMMENSE power to influence
emotion and belief.
There are many things in my life that are the *direct* result of The Who's
music.
I'm influenced.

Kevin in VT