Who Banter Time!!! Hershey continued.

When we left off, The Who launched into Bargain...followed immediately by
Baba O'Riley.

*After Baba O'Riley*

Pete: We're gonna do a.........a few songs from Quadro.....fff....phenia
now.  <loud cheers>  Three songs...three songs from Quadrophenia.

*launch into Sea and Sand, 5:15, Love Reign O'er Me and then right into
Eminence Front*
*After EF*

Roger: Is it as hot down there as it is up here?  <crowd cheers loudly>
Well, I know just how you feel.

*into BBE*
*after BBE*

Roger:  Thank you!  I'll get the words right someday.

*into YBYB*
*after YBYB*

Roger:  You Betta!  <crowd cheers!>
Pete:  Oh dear.  I'm late again.  In this kind of heat, everything's hard.
Roger: We'll do a folk song now, should we?
Pete: <ignoring Rog> Everything's hard except sex in this kind of weather
isn't it?  Not that *I* would know anything about that.
Roger: Give me an hour Pete and I'll send somebody up.
Pete:  We ummm...this is a song of kind of..ummm...one of the first songs
that I wrote.  I *wrote* a bunch of songs for The Who...umm...just when we
were in our early days..and I didn't know what was going to happen to the
band...didn't know where we were going to go..what was going to happen
really.  But I sat in my little....flat in....Belgraden (? hard to hear)
which is a *posh* part of London that my manager had gotten me and wrote a
bunch of songs including My Generation <cheers> and a few others.  And this
song was one which.....is a kind of...it got the most reaction in the United
States when it was played  on the radio.  And it's a song which was written
about....ummmm...the godal (? hard to understand) club scene we used to play
regular...engagements in this place.  We were all kids then, I was only
19...18 1/2 when I wrote this song.  And I'm now *57*!  And this is a song
that I think is the same...it feels the same.  It's called Kids Are Alright.

*into KAA and then right into MG and then right into WGFA*
*After WGFA*
<crowd cheering and then large change of "Who-Who-Who" erupts>
<crowd continues to cheer as photo's of band and John are displayed>

<band comes back on stage and launches into PW, Amazing J., Sparks, and SMFM
without interruption>
*After SMFM*

Roger:  It's been a pleaza!  I got off, anyway.  I mean I've got great
lapses of memory, but I mean that comes with the age we are.  So...fuck it..
Pete: <Pete interrupts Roger>  We're very, very grateful.  Thank you so
much.
Roger: Yeah, you're wonderful.  Thank you!  Good night!

What I wish all could have seen:
Pete *repeatedly* jumping to stage front, hitting a chord, and then flexing
his right arm muscle as if saying "I am the powerful Pete Townshend and you
*will* bow before me!"   I've never seen Pete do this before.  Scott and I
were like "what the heck, he's going nuts!".

Pete repeatedly launching HUGE loogies at Matt Kent in the front row as he
ferociously abused his guitar.

Kevin in VT