[no subject]

>They can tour if
>they damn well want to and they can do what they are the best in the world
at
>doing.

No they can't!  I won't let them!

>If you
>are always pandering to the "experts" then it is all bullshit anyhow.

Ahhhh, we're getting somewhere here.  Is it the "experts" we're afraid of?
Who are these "experts".
Rolling Stone?   Not in my book.
Spin?  Hell FUCKING NO!
Us listers?  Getting close.  But, we're not the worry.  We'll buy what every
they put out.  We're that smart to know that what *is* put out will be good.

The "experts" are society as a whole.
How can you not be concerned with how society will perceive or accept or
react to your music, when it's for society that you are doing this for in
the first place?

>Kurt Cobain quit when it got too hard.  Pete did not jump off that ledge.
>"Somebody saved him."  He is now still here. He did not give up.  I LOVE
>that!!

I love that too.
But, Cobain killed himself for many more reasons than just music.
His illness was driving him mad.
This can *not* be taken lightly.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@adelphia.net>
>Subject: No clever subject - Legacy and Cobain
>
>I think that anyone who would give much credence to Cobain's diary is going
>to be pretty closed-minded toward The Who anyway.

Whether you like it or not, Cobain was the main "speaker" for his
generation.
I loved his work.  It was a breath of honesty and fresh air.
I'm anything but closed-minded toward The Who.

>These are the thoughts of
>a man headed toward self-destruction and the destruction of those around
>him.

Just because thoughts don't fit an agenda, or come from a person who is in a
bad way, doesn't mean they should be dismissed.  In fact, in this case,
quite the contrary.

>Personally, I think he is an anti-hero.  His legacy is that he was too
>much of a coward to hang around and raise the child that he brought into
the
>world.   He's the ultimate loser.  I can't think of enough nasty things to
>say about his final act.

Seem to have a lack of understanding for others feelings here.
I will never second guess the feelings of a man/person who is driven to do
what Cobain did.
There are reasons for it.  The reasons are real. Anyone who is so arrogant
to cast judgement on those reasons should be questioned.

>I don't find much to admire about Cobain.  He was
>a talented guy, but a sorry excuse for a man in my book.

That's pretty fucking harsh.
Have you experienced what he experienced?
Have you walked even 1 minute in his shoes?
Quite simply, you just don't know.
Show some respect.
Show some sympathy.
Have a heart.