Re: Achievements & Memories

> AnEnglishBoy says, "Bullshit!"

English Boy's been at the bottle again!  Bravo!  Good for him!

> What has struck the chord within the general Rock fan is the
> simple ditty "Pinball Wizard," enhanced significantly for the
> masses by Elton John's butchering of same in Ken Russell's
> horrid film of the same name......

Yes, yes, yes, but Pete & The Who *created* TOMMY.  Remember,
I mentioned *incarnations* of TOMMY as well.  The piece of music
that is TOMMY is quite simply The Who's greatest achievement.

Fucking high schools were (are?) putting it on as a stage production!
It was on Broadway.  A film was made, etc., etc.

Hey, QUAD is *my* favorite work by The Who, too.  But it pales
in mass culture impact next to THOMAS.

And I'll state here & now:  THE TOMMY MOVIE DOES NOT
SUCK!!!  I know plenty of people that like it.  Sure it's over the top.
It's an assault on the senses:  seeing, hearing. & feeling.  Get it?

And sure the movie is sometimes unintentionally funny or goofy.  But
it's both bizarre & compelling, also.  Plus Jack Nicholson!

No, I'm sorry, the TOMMY film may have some bad moments, but
overall, it's a freaky fucking touching movie.

> every Rock fan's identification with wanting to be loved,
> cause they miss their mommies, hence the world wide
> infatuation with "See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me."

Do you think that's why that song is well-known?  Maybe the Rock
fans just like pogoing & clapping along to it.  You shouldn't apply
*your* theories upon the general Rock public - leave that to me!  ;-)

> The general Rock fan can't name 5 other songs off "Thomas"
> on a good day.

How could I argue against such truth as that.  I can't.  I won't.

> The general Rock fan can't find his/her "bum" with both hands.

I just found mine!

> Sod the bastards.

God I wish we could toast to that, AEB!  When's the next WhoFest,
Mark?  Gotta keep this Who energy flowing!

> ~AnEnglishBoy~

AnAmericanFuck,

- SCHRADE in Akron