Re: AEB rips Tommy the movie

In a message dated Thu, 3 Oct 2002 6:53:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> significantly for the
> masses by Elton John's butchering of same in Ken Russell's
> horrid film of the same name......

Didn't you tear into me a while back for criticizing some of the movie?  I was under the impression that you liked it.  I actually enjoy Elton's vocals in PW and the piano intro.  He can't top Roger's voice for rock and roll, but, for instance, I prefer the way he punctuates "sure plays a mean pinball" to the live versions I have heard of the Who doing it.  It always seems to me that they never get it quite right live.  It's basically the chorus, for god's sake, and the lyrics the masses recognize the most, yet the band doesn't seem to give it the gusto it should have.  Our band sings the shit out of that part.

mc