Re: Achievements & Memories

>I'd have to say the answer to this is TOMMY.  While not my #1 favorite
>album by The Who, TOMMY seems to have struck the biggest chord with
>Rock fans & has gone through so many incarnations (mostly successful)
>that the album/concept has become almost synonymous with the band.  When
>many people think of The Who, they think of TOMMY.

AnEnglishBoy says, "Bullshit!"

What has struck the chord within the general Rock fan is the
simple ditty "Pinball Wizard," enhanced significantly for the
masses by Elton John's butchering of same in Ken Russell's
horrid film of the same name......

and......

every Rock fan's identification with wanting to be loved,
cause they miss their mommies, hence the world wide
infatuation with "See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me."

The general Rock fan can't name 5 other songs off "Thomas"
on a good day.

The general Rock fan can't find his/her "bum" with both
hands.

Sod the bastards.

~AnEnglishBoy~