Re: Forgetting the begats & Freedom STILL tastes of reality

In a message dated 11/16/02 7:08:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> It goes to what I said to Joe about religion, and what I believe Pete was
> saying in Tommy. Religion is a set of rules for people unable to reason for
> themselves, much like children who need someone to tell them to do things,
> or not do things, without the ability to understand why. Once you can
> understand why, you have intellectual freedom...and freedom tastes of
> reality.

There is a reason for the Ten commandments (which were used to form the basic
laws of western civilization by the way).  There is a reason for the law of
Moses.  It is not meant to be kept.  The purpose that God set these "rules"
for was firstly, to testify of what kind of God He is. He is holy, uncommon,
and sinless. Secondly it was to expose that we have no way to keep this law.
No fallen man can keep all of these strict regulations. I can say this with
confidence.

This shows that we have a shortage.  Without laws, we have no idea that we
are breaking them. We might think that we are O.K. when we are really not.
The entire law of Moses was just for this. Do not try to keep it.  If you do
you will fail, because you are sinful.

   We are bound in sin and are not free.  We may have the Illusion that we
are free, but we are just serving another master by default. There is no such
thing as independence. Either we serve God or we serve sin. Just check your
experience. I never got the impression in any of John's songs that he ever
felt free. Something was always bothering him.  We can use our sense of humor
and drugs and women to make the empty feelings temporarily go away, but the
result is always gloomy. I do not believe that he understood God or God's
heart.  (I am not being his judge, I am just giving my limited observations
here) I blame religion for this. John portrayed a God that just wanted us to
dance and do good and be bored.  A God that was against living a fun life.
He could have not been more wrong. I know that "heaven and hell" was tongue
in cheek, but it is ridiculous that many actually think that the "good "
people go to heaven and grow feathered wings and play a harp and that the
"bad" people go down in the ground and grow a tail and have a fork.  this is
just people's imaginations gone wild.  The bible doesn't say this. It doesn't
even say that the believers are going to heaven. I was really shocked when I
first discovered this. For this reason God gave us the bible.  If you can
see, you will discover that it reveals something *far* greater. The bible was
written by many different men over a long period of time, but there is the
same divine revelation throughout from beginning to end. The precious
materials in Genesis become a built up city at the end of Revelation.  This
is God mingled with man for eternity.  All of the negative things end in the
lake of fire, the universal trash can.If this thought is offensive, you
should check the source of the offensive feeling. He will be there.

If I have cancer, I want to feel some kind of pain so that I will know it in
time to get treatment.  The law exposes to us that there is definitely
something wrong.  You can choose to live in denial, but who will be the one
to suffer?  If you all knew something that would save me and didn't tell me,
I would ask you why you didn't.

God keeps His own law.  He always does. I never sin when I am in my spirit.
This I can testify boldly.  I do not need revenge and I do not hate others
that have hurt me.  I feel genuine love and compassion for them. It is not
out of struggling and trying, but it is out of enjoyment. It is easy and
spontaneous.  There is nothing more freeing than enjoying the divine life. It
is simply by calling on the Lord's name and by breathing. By doing this, He
will keep every law-inside of us.

The only reality in the universe is God himself.  "I am."  All of the things
in the physical world are to help us to understand what is really going on in
the invisible scene.  Food is essential to life. God made it so. The bible
reveals that God is the real food. (John ch. 6) He is also the real air, (Jn
20:22) the real water,(Jn ch's 4 and 7) and every other item that we need.
This is what reality is.  Otherwise we are just living a meaningless life
walking around in the vanity of our minds.

"Jesus answered them, 'Truly truly I say to you, Everyone who commits sin is
a slave of sin.

If therefore the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed.'" John 8: 34,36

This is a very powerful statement.  Because it is true.

Jon in Mi.