Re: You can't get women with only Science

In a message dated 11/7/02 12:54:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> >Theory is theory.  This is an assumption by the human mind of
> >things unknown.
>
> I notice you conveniently left out the part about observation &
> experimentation which backs the theory up (or refutes it).

Scott,

You are right.  I'm sorry.  I meant to say that too. But it is still a
theory.

> >I appreciate the scenery, but I want to see what it is all for.

>That's where religion & philosophy comes in. Nothing wrong with
exploring that. Enjoy.

Religion and philosophy are two of the biggest hindrances to seeing and
understanding God.  I do not enjoy them much at all.

>> What is love? There is no scientific handle for this.

>Bullshit. That's like asking, "What is hunger?" It's a chemical re-
sponse created in our brains. I know that doesn't conform to your
romantic notions of "the play," but it's true nonetheless. Sorry.

Not bullshit.  Hunger is a biological reaction.  Love is not biological. I am
not referring to the need to reproduce to sustain the species "instinct"
here.  We are humans. You did not answer my question.

>> Why is love so important? Why do we have this capacity?

>Because evolution has conditioned us to keep the species going. Why
do the other animals mate? Same reason. We're just animals, Jon.
Just like the other animals on this planet; we humans may be more in-
telligent, but we're animals nonetheless. No souls either. Sorry.

See above.  We're not merely animals, Scott. I have never seen any animal
worship anything ever. That would be a great thing to study with science.
What animal sets up idols and worships them?  Monkeys do not do this.
However, even in the most primitive of human societies this is practiced
regularly.  Humans have the innate need to worship something higher than
themselves. Think about it.

No souls?  Then what left John's body when he died?  He left the building,
but his body was still there. Animals even have souls.  The difference
between us and the other animals is that we have a spirit.  This is the part
that seeks God. No animal except us was created in the image of God.  This
makes us *vastly* different.

> >There is not a love atom that I know of.

>Ah...spoken just like a second grader.

We could learn quite a lot from second graders.  They have open minds

>> He (Pete) is opening us up to something more.

>I don't think so. He's giving us his views but I don't think he's
trying to "open us up." Look what happened when Tommy started laying
down the dogma. The faithful revolted. It all collapsed. What was
Pete saying there?

Pete IS trying to open us up.  I know this because he said "Tell me now!!
Give me an answer!!..."

Tommy may have laid down the dogma, but Pete is not.  When genuine
spirituality turns into a religious ritual or an organization, the impact is
gone.  It becomes an oligarchy.  Tommy was no Jesus.  Jesus is a God-man

 >> Roger's part is "Be lucky, Make sure..." Quite a difference there.

>Oh sure, rip on "Dumb Rog." Roger very well may be more sensible than
Pete!! He's definitely not as wishy-washy.

Hey at least I called him Roger and not Daltrey  ;-)

Jon in Mi.