Re: What's fair; Hendrix and Pete; Not enough the Magic Bus; John

In a message dated 11/1/02 10:46:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> There's no doubt in my mind Pete was influenced by Jimi...but not as much as
> Jimi was by Pete (and the others).

Mark,

I was thinking more along the lines of Jimi's brilliance on  the lead guitar
forcing Pete to take a different strategy-from putting his efforts into being
a great guitar player to being the greatest song writer.  He certainly
surpassed Jimi there!  That is why I am thankful for Jimi Hendrix.  Pete
ain't bad on guitar  neither ;)

Jon in Mi