Re: "Nu-CU-lar Man"

> >Wonder if he has checked with his "Real-IT-tor" lately?
>
> I don't know about Brits but I'd say 80%+ of Americans mispronounce that
> one anyway.

If 80% of the people are "mispronouncing" it then perhaps the mispronunciation
is, in fact, the correct pronunciation.  Language is fluid & many imposed "rules" are
only attempts to make the masses speak in manner conforming to something called
"Standard English," which in reality does not exist.

The "learned" English have long complained about the "crudeness" of American
English.  And while they complain, more "Americanisms" are adopted by the British
every year.  It's been going on since colonial times.

Many Brits refuse to admit it but the truth is that American English is the dominant
language & has been for some time.  Perhaps you could say we Americans have
created a language "din-asty."

- SCHRADE in Akron