Re: "Nu-CU-lar Man"

>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:12:46 -0800
>From: AnEnglishBoy <campbell@fix.net>
>
>Yup! Gotta love 'a man in the oval office' whose spoken English
>is that of a 5th grader.

I think it's very possible that GWB has a mild form of dyslexia or a speech
disorder.  Upon review of course he realizes that saying "We need food on
our families" or whatever it was doesn't make sense.  I read a New York
Times article last Thursday (book review in Life/Arts, in case anyone wants
to follow up) in which the reporter mentioned telling Bush he had to "seize
a window of opportunity" to interview him and Bush said, "Hey, you're
starting to talk like me." The reporter realized Bush is quite aware of his
verbal failings, and even able to laugh at them -- he just may not be able
to improve them.

Bush certainly produces plenty of material to make fun of in spontaneous
speech, but cherishing and preserving each flub is starting to strike me
like mocking a cripple for not running a sprint...again and again.

>Wonder if he has checked with his "Real-IT-tor" lately?

I don't know about Brits but I'd say 80%+ of Americans mispronounce that
one anyway.

ObWho:I wish Pete's mom would write an autobigraphy.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend