Who on TV

Greetings Wholigans,

Been out of commission lately, and I've got a shitload of digests to catch
up on, so if this has been brought up before, my apologies.

I saw a commercial this last weekend for one of those pharmacutical products
constantly shown on TV.  The kind that says, "ask your doctor if
proxeedoxycylinptlomide can work for you..." and "use of this drug may cause
side effects such as blindness, impotence, vaginal explosions, severe
depression, and death."  You know the kind?

Anyway, the product was some thing I can't remember, BUT the commercial was
visually well done.  It showed a sort of interstellar travel - the camera's
point of view is that of space travel, passing from one planet to another;
galaxy to galaxy.  The music presented along with the commercial was none
other than "Overture" from Tommy.  It wasn't the original, and apparently
redone with heavy synths but it was definitely Overture.  I found it
peculiar that Who music was being used for an apparently small independent
company's ad.  We've seen Who music from everything from 7-Up to computers,
but this wasn't a big name company.  Keep your eyes and ears open for this
one - I'm not sure if they kept the original drum recording to go with the
redone tracks...  Thought you'd be interested...

Jim in Colo Springs

"If Pete wants to sell motor cars or Pepsi cola then it's his music, but
don't go copy or sell the Who..."  RD