The facts are...

In a message dated 03/08/2002 8:55:24 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Excuse me- but that was used as a "given" part of a hyper-simplified
> > hypothetical.  I didn't use the 75% figure as one of actual fact,
> although
>
> Kevin Mc:
>
> In other words, you have no actual facts to work with here.

...that brokers do take tickets away from legitimate fans, which the fans
could otherwise get at face value.  I simply don't believe that what brokers
do is fair to average consumers.  If someone is willing to pay to order
tickets with a broker before they go onsale (obviously the seats would have
to be in a certain section and within a range of rows) and then the broker
gets the seats for them when they DO go on sale, that's totally legit.
Paying for a service.  But I don't think it is right for brokers to scoop up
large quantities of tickets and THEN try to sell them at a mark-up.  Whether
or not people are willing to pay the inflated price is not at issue here, it
is the fact that people shouldn't HAVE to pay above face value because
brokers reduce the supply of tix.  My CD example simply was a hypothetical.
There really is no industry that parallels music concerts- which actually was
another point I had made but won't go into again.  OK, I believe I have now
made everyone completely sick of this, so I will make no more posts on this.

kevin mc