Re: zak pervert

It seemed to me that even though pete and roger displayed amazing energy
during their prime, the whole energy package was taken to a higher level with
keith doing his thing.  It was the competition between the 3 for attention on
stage, IMHO, that created the incredible Who live experience.  One can
plainly see from TKAA that with keith unable to provide his wild energy and
antics at that point (seen in the shepp studios BOR and WGFA), pete was
overcompensating for the void in energy by almost being wild just for
wildness' sake and roger then would try to keep up with him.  This is all
obviously theory, but despite great performances in those shepp studio songs,
it seemed a bit forced.  I haven't seen any who live stuff with kenney, but i
would guess that a similar dynamic was there.  With Zak, it seems like pete
and rog have found a comfort zone and their performances have the emotion and
genuine energetic feel that is fueled by the shere power of the music and the
audience.  This is GREAT Who.  Evidence: almost everyone here agrees that the
Y2K tour was awesome (despite some kvetching about the set list), then they
blow off the roof at MSG for CFNY, for which I was in attendance.  Then we
get all the raves about the warm-up gigs for RAH 2002, some even saying they
were nearly as good as with keith.  I think both Zak and Rabbit should be
made full members.  They have become very important to the Who's sound on
stage, and i don't think we ever hve to worry about pete, john and rog not
getting higher billing.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971