Re: New Daltrey VH1 interview

Brian, thanks for posting this candid and interesting interview.

> > VH1: Some say the hardest thing about being a rock star is
> > maintaining a marriage. You've had a fairly successful relationship
> > as far as the rock world is concerned. How do you keep it together?

No mention here of the first marriage, or why it failed? And how is is
his 2nd marriage only fairly successful?

> > Daltrey: My marriage is successful because 1) I was very lucky in
> > finding the right woman
> >
> > and 2) I was very honest about who I was and what my job was when I
> > married her.

oooh dear, the "I'm being honest with you line"........

> > The only reason to get married is to have children.

Not exactly my understanding of the "reason" for marriage. At least, not
if the woman's father doesn't have a shotgun pointed at you.

> > She wanted to have children. I thought, I'll marry you.

So gracious of you, Roger.

> > But you know what job I'm in. Don't ask me to be a good boy, because
> > I'm out there in a rock n roll band, and I'm going to be doing it."

Why didn't the interviewer ask "So Roger, while you've been out there
doing it, who's your wife been sleeping with"?

John