Trying To Keep It Together

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Trying To Keep It Together
>
>Hey all,

Hey Scott.

>I haven't been posting much lately.

I noticed.  Been wondering how you were doing.

>I guess Entwistle's death fucked me up
>more than I thought it did.  I've been in a big-time funk.

You too, huh?

>It's only the past couple days that I've been able to listen to The Who
with
>any sense of enjoyment.

We seem to be dealing with this in the same way.
I know I shared this with a few close who-friends off list, but I thought
I'd share here.

I wasn't able to listen to the music at all right after John's death.
Tania (wife) and I went sailing with our buddy Jeff and Julia on their
tri-hull, up to Burlington for the fire works on 7/3.
A great day, full or reflection.  Surpassed only by a great night of HUGE
fire works and a pretty large party on Jeff's boat (shuttled friends from
shore).
On a whim, I brought The Who's Ultimate Collection with me.
When things were really going, I popped the CD in.
Pretty soon people were getting off on it.  Heads were bobbing.  Full body
bobs could be seen on down beats.
It was the first time I listened to The Who since John's passing, and I
found myself in a corner of the boat just watching, and even shedding a tear
(it was dark).
It was good to hear the music.  It really was.
Still, it's hard. It's very, very, very........

I've been doing a bunch of painting around my house lately.  I'm forcing
myself to include a Who CD in the changer now when I listen to tunes.
All work came to a complete stop when Eminence Front came on.
John's work on that song just is unbelievable.  The power...........
I was air-bassing on my deck (no d*e*ck) for all the deer to see.
And........IT WAS LOUD!

Lastly, I listened to a recording yesterday of the recent Westwood One
tribute to John (only have a tape at this time, still working on the CD's).
Good to hear John's voice and sense of humor.
At the end, when the program talks of John's recent death, and particularly
Pete and Roger's "The Ox has left the building" and "We're going on.  Pray
for us John where ever you are" statements, I looked at Tania and she was
crying.
It's all sad.
Those who care, care and understand, and appreciate.

Hell, even my mom called me from Arizona (on vacation) the day after John's
death to check in.
Both my folks knew it would be a blow.
I'm still getting condolence sentiments when I see friends I haven't seen in
a while.

>Anyway, I'm getting psyched for the next leg of the tour!  I'll be meeting
up
>with Kevin from VT & we'll be hitting the first three shows.

And THAT'S what it's all about.  Getting together, "meeting up", and sharing
the joy.
I know the shows will be hard for me, but I also know that I'll be around
people who will feel the same way, and understand.

Thanks WEST Coasters for all the reviews and for being there for the band!
We'll take it from here!!

>> What's that saying about birds of a feather?
>> Kevin in VT
>
>Cousin?  Play nice.  Or I'm gonna bring a bunch of ABBA & Triumph
>tapes to listen to in your car during our Who excursion.  And maybe a
>KISS tape, too!

Yeah, I know.
But, the last thing I want to see right now is for this list to travel down
the same path as other lists of late.
Now is the time to stick together.  Not to form alliances and to highlight
differences, etc.

When it gets right down to it, we're ALL birds of the SAME WHO-feathers.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Trying To Keep It Together
>
>Scott, I hope that helps you have a good time this summer.  Shake your ass
>with wild abandon :0)

Told ya Scott, Jeff has a thing for asses.

Stay in Tune, everyone, please.
BRING ON THE SECOND LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin in VT