Trying To Keep It Together

Hey all,

I haven't been posting much lately.  I guess Entwistle's death fucked me up
more than I thought it did.  I've been in a big-time funk.

It's only the past couple days that I've been able to listen to The Who with
any sense of enjoyment.  I made a neat 90-minute, all-Entwistle Who tape
that I've been jamming lately.  That helped a lot.

On the tape, I tried to include any song that The OX had a hand in writing.
The only song that didn't meet that criteria was "We Close Tonight" from the
ODDS & SODS reissue.  But that one just *sounds* like an OX song, what
with him & Moonie sharing the vocals, & those cascading & rising little bass
solo parts.  Townshend wrote that?  (I know - the "Who In Their Own
Words" book confirms it - or should that quote have been credited to OX?
And a crediting mistake on the liner notes to ODDS & SODS wouldn't sur-
prise me.  OK, I'm reaching, but it begs the question:  What ever happened
to the tune OX wrote that he claimed summed up all of QUADROPHENIA
in one song?)

I left off "Trick Of The Light" because....well.....I don't like the song!  I did,
however, include "One At A Time" from IT'S HARD which is starting to grow
on me (near my right foot & spreading upwards).

Anyway, I'm getting psyched for the next leg of the tour!  I'll be meeting up
with Kevin from VT & we'll be hitting the first three shows.

Plus - partying with other Who freaks!!  Just what the "doctor, doctor" or-
dered!!

Let the countdown begin!

LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

- SCHRADE in Akron