Re: Opening act for summer tour aka Booooo!

From: GenWalk83@aol.com
"i have a condition where, for some weird reason, i get more nervous than
the band themselves before a concert begins. something about being in the
place, looking around etc. and when unamerican came on the stage (this was
in camden in 2000) i was more relaxed and couldn't wait for the who!"

That doesn't sound to weird to me.  You are anxious about seeing the
greatest performing rock band.  You need a warm-up act to catch your breath.

"do you think the strokes would be good too? I think they're "ok"
musically."

The Strokes would me a good musical match, but they are too hip and upcoming
right now to open for The Who.  They are also too American for The Who's
management to select them.

I liked Ocean Colour Scene in '96.  Maybe they'll go for some (hopefully)
upcoming Brit band.  Starsailor?  Paul Weller Band?

I still would prefer no opener.

Jeff