New Album- New Day

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: New Album- Old song
>
>To hear new songs, or new recordings of old songs on the radio.  That will
>be a tough one.  Classic rock won't play anything new, and for sure The Who
>aren't going to fit most radio formats.  They'll need some creative
>marketing to get it played.

I'm not so sure about that.  Any new Who album is going to come out with
huge expectations and media notice.  The fact that Pete has now stated that
he (paraphrase) has made a serious commitment to going in the studio with a
record contract, is being run in all sorts of newspapers.  Washington times
ran it last week.
And I'll bet even if there's just one song that gets a charge, it'll be
played by classic rock.  The same stations that are playing tracks from
CFNY.
The interest is out there.  The emotional connection is out there.  People
will be excited about a new album from that classic rock band that played
that Tommy stuff at Woodstock back in the 60's, and recently "stole the
show" at the CFNY with emotional jaw dropping performances, giving viewers
the feeling of when I find myself in times of trouble mother WHO comes to
me, speaking words of wisdom.......
The people will *want* it to succeed.
And it will without their help.

BTW, were you serious that you thought The Who started to play like
UnAmerican?
Really?
I don't think TED hung out and listened to them long enough to be
influenced.

Kevin in VT