RE: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jim

I replied to this from home on Friday, but still don't see it.
Must be floating around in cyber hell or something......
My apologies if this ends up being a duplicate.

>From: Stuart Pittman <stoo@CAE.COM>
>Subject: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jim
>
>Kaptain Kevin,

It's just Kevin, Stoo.

>...and the purpose of the helmet would be?

To keep a person from splitting their head wide open when riding in the
glades and trees, which is the *only* reason to go to Jay Peak.  It can
happen incredibly fast.  You *have* ridden trees before, haven't you?
Uh oh.  I'm getting a whiff of novice.  Or, is that fear?

>Hey, dude, I offered the challenge so it's up
>to you to accept (or not). Stalling for time? ;)

Oh, I thought you were joking about that.  I'm very fast when I want to be,
but get off more on finding a good Zen ride.  Competition is really so over
rated, and goes against my philosophy.  But, if you have your heart set on a
race, I guess I could do that.  If I lose, can I still consider myself a
man?  You did say I could choose the run though, right?  How fast are you in
the trees?

>>Bands like The Who, Cake, and Gov. Mule, would bring in more "mature" fans
>>of rock and music in general.
>
>Are you absolutely sure that being a fan of The Who
>is a basis for maturity?

No, not at all.  But, in this case I was using "mature" as an alternative
way of saying old-er.

>re: KevinMc
>>You make it sound like the other Who songs would be boring?
>>What kind of a Who fan are you???
>>Are you just in it for the greatest hits??  Would you just be sitting
there
>>picking your nose while fantastic songs like Melancholia, or YMB, or
Relax,
>>or Sparks, or Little Billy, or Tattoo, or Heaven and Hell were played?
>>Well??  What do you have to say for your self?????  Stand up man and
>>account
>>for your statement!!!  What is it, too many shots to the head???????
>
>What is with your attitude, dude?

No attitude at all.  It was a joke.  I actually agree with Kevin Mc that the
hits listed should be dispersed throughout the set, if played.  But there
was a point.....I'll bet money that when Kevin Mc attends his first full Who
concert, he'll be gettin' off on *all* of the Who's set, not just waiting
for those greatest hits.  That's all I was saying.
Stoo, you haven't picked up that Sheriffs badge, have you?

>Why don't you have
>the "McVicar" soundtrack?

What, you work for 20/20 too?
I've never been motivated to really investigate the solo careers of The Who,
except for Pete's work which I find absolutely fantastic.  I also really
like John's solo stuff.

>Being a Who fan, it would
>be in your interest to purchase a copy. Not only does
>it contain some very good tunes but Pete, John and
>Kenney each played on it.

Yeah, I'll be getting McVicar sometime in the near future.  It's been on my
"2-do" list for several months since Schrade posted on it.

>"The snow packs, a skier tracks",
>Stoo

Perhaps, but a snowboarder has already been there. ;-)
E-mail me off line to let me know when you'll be at Jay.  I can connect you
with some outstanding web sites to keep track of snow amounts and weather
predictions, etc.

Kevin in VT