Re: Who covering Pete

>Listening to White City again today I had the thought that they could
>also perform that.
>
>Of course, The Who would do it their own way and not exactly the way
>Pete has done them.  But really, how different is performing Pete's
>solo material from the way that Pete has always presented songs to the band
>anyway?  Its just that the "demos" have much more polish than
>they have had in the past when its just Pete doing all the tracks.

Sounds good to me.  Now that I've decided WHITE CITY is Pete's tribute to
Keith Moon, I'd love to hear The Who do it.  Also, if he's planning to
produce it as a musical, then it would be useful to take it on tour with The
Who in order to work out the staging, similar to what they did with QUAD.

For a movie, it would need to be expanded, but for a musical, the treatment
he's presented would have to be simplified so the audience could follow a
sketch of a storyline and still understand the symbolism and meanings in the
lyrics.  The fact that it's about a neighborhood gives it a WEST SIDE STORY
feel, but it's a story about older people and (from what Pete has said) how
they can't come home again.  You come back to the old neighborhood trying to
pick up where you left off (in simpler days), but you still carry all your
life's baggage with you.

The story does need a woman, I think, or maybe more, as there's a stong
element of gender gap in Pete's script.  Who should they get to play the
woman?  Ms. Brittany?  Hmmm, I dunno.

;)
keets