Tout

I learned a new word last week.  I thought I would share.

Here's the Webster's listing for tout:
a: one who solicits patronage
b: chiefly British : one who spies out racing information for betting
purposes
c : one who gives tips or solicits bets on a racehorse

It seems that in our context it is a derogatory term for scalpers.  I have
never heard it used in the US.  Of course, I have never been to a British
horse track.

I view it kind of like the US term "drug dealer" or the historical case of
the word usury.  If a person's profiteering is their primary means of
financial support - they are doing something bad.  If a person is using
their profiteering as a means to support their hobby - they are not so bad.
Context is everything here.  Judging an action must be viewed in the context
of the person taking the action.  Just my opinion.

Jeff