Jimi, J, lollapalooza

>Subject: The Who This Month
>From: lewinski@icanon.com (Joe Lewinski)
>
>The bit I found particularly interesting is when The Jimi Hendrix
>Experience opened for The Who, and Townshend was vocal about not being able
>to follow Jimi's act (which was a direct rip-off of The Who's).

Hmmm, that part had a particular impact on me too. (thanks Brian!).
I would have been fumin' if I were Pete.

>From: Stuart Pittman
>Subject: Re: Dr. Jekyll vs. Dr. Jimmy
>
>Thanks for the news about 3 ft. of snow at Jay Peak.
>Smashing! It was in my plans to be there next month.
>I say, old boy, care for a race to the bottom? A run
>of your choosing, of course.

Oho?  I hear the talk, is there the walk?
It would be an honor to show you around (bring a helmet.).

>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>
>It's not like that.  It's not fight club.

Fucking *great* movie.

>Subject: Rigor Mortis Sets In
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>> I'd like to see 'em in like a Lollapalooza festival or something.
>
>No, that's not realistic. It's like when the Allman Brothers were the main
>act for the HORDE tour...that's the year I stopped going.

Well, perhaps the outdoor Lollapalooza type set up isn't right. But on
stage, televised, arena type setting, they can surely set the bar pretty
damn high.
So, what would you think of a show with like Foo Fighters, Creed, The Who,
Smashing Pumpkins, Cake, Government Mule, and Rage on the same ticket?
I think they'd easily hold their own.
And ya know, I'd travel to see that show in a field somewhere.  Easily.

Kevin in VT