Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

Kev, re
> >> What we're seeing folks is Pete making the steps we want him to, to
> >> create a new album, and is running into the same old critics he's
> >> always run into....The press, and Rog.
> >
> >  I tell you, this is typical British humour between friends. Please
> >  don't read some sort of Anti Roger rant. It isn't.
>
>    ....this part I didn't misunderstand, and this is the crucial part.
>    My father has a saying...."with every joke, there is about 15-20%
>    seriousness". While I agree that Pete is meaning this all in a
>    friendly ribbing sort of way, there is a thought in his writing
>    that needs to be taken seriously. The thought is simply: I (Pete)
>    have ideas that can become greatly successful for The Who, while
>    Roger's ideas always seem to remain unfinished.

Very good point. Between friends (and after nearly 40 years, I think
Roger and Pete may be friends who know each other well!) the kind of
ribbing we've seen often includes a dollop of truth

>   There's no denying that this is what Pete is telling us.  They
>   are clearly going back and forth on how the NEW WHO ALBUM (gives me
>   goose bumps just thinking about it) should be and how to get there.

If it comes off, it'll prove that I'm no clairvoyant:-)

(Lela and others can testify to the times I've said my opinion is "No
new WHO album - ever")

Cheers,

John