Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

> My picks for Pete's best work since WAY would be "Eminence Front," "How Can
> You Do It Alone" (the live improv version), and Flag TKAA from Texas
> (untitled).

I would include "Another Tricky Day" which is still one of my favorite Who songs be-
cause of the music *&* the lyrics.  "How Can You Do It Alone," though, has never
grabbed me at all & seems to be an example of the "overworked" lyrics you spoke of.
And yet you love it.

And thinking about it further, I'm not sure "overworked" is the correct word to describe
Pete's latter day lyrics.  I know what you're saying, mind you, but "overworked" seems
only to imply too much thought & effort, & yet that doesn't hinder TOMMY or QUAD,
both of which have very complex & well thought-out lyrics.

I think any distastefull quality of Pete's latter day lyrics stems from the subject matter more
so than the choice words, their structure, etc.

- SCHRADE in Akron