Why wasn't I at any of the UK shows & a hunch I have

>George,
>Please allow me to turn this around for a moment.
>Why weren't *you* at any of the recent UK shows?

>I hope we all realize we are starting to sound like a bunch of dope fiends
>in here.  Really.

>Jeff

Don't get me wrong the who have a huge place in my heart, I love em', but
they aren't my family. The reason I didn't to the UK to see them is because
I can wait to see the who 1 or 2 hours away from my home like I'll be doing
this summer. I'm not selfish enough to leave my wife and 7 month daughter
home for a week just so I can go see the who in the UK. Even if my wife
forced me to go I wouldn't. I don't think Id last more than a day not being
able to see my daughter. You get the idea...right?

Onto another subject....

I have this hunch that the who may surprise all of us with a new album right
before the summer tour. Lets say in mid to late May. They'll through some of
these new songs into the set list and make it interesting. That may explain
why tickets went on sale in February for a summer tour. If the general
audience heard that the who was going to be playing new songs on the summer
tour I don't think tickets would sell that good. Do you? Us hardcore who
fans would eat it up. We would be in who heaven! But the general audience?
No. I *do* think if they kept it a secret and sold tickets way in advanced
like they did and are doing, then the cat got out of the bag closer towards
the tour people wouldn't really have a choice seeing they already bought
tickets. This may also explain why allot of the venues didn't release the
*center* section seats. Maybe they are holding them for the record industry
folks, radio station promotions, and the special people once the new album
is publicly known. Lets not forget Pete's breaking communication with his
fans too. Maybe he really is very busy recording with the who. You think
he's going to tell us how the recordings coming along just so he can hear
all of our whining and bitching? Cause the majority of the time that's what
it is. But regardless, IMO this would be a perfect way to market a new
album. You see it live then leave and go buy the cd. Remember this is all
just speculation. I like to dream, and it aint such a bad dream either.

George

PS...Bjorn, if Pete was yelling ba-da-bjorn to you between songs you'd be at
every show on all 3 legs this summer. :-) Who are you kidding here? Just get
over your arse over here this summer and stop making excuses!